Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday, August 8, Accra, Ghana

More nomads
The oldest man in the village. 
I've been remiss the last few days. I'm mentally on my way home already but physically I'm at the same hostel where I started my journey six weeks ago. It's a fun place, filled with travelers and volunteers from all over the world.
I left Togo on Tuesday and headed for a monkey sanctuary in eastern Ghana. It was great fun having monkeys crawl on my shoulder to eat bananas out of my hand.



I also visited a village of weavers. In this case the men do most of the weaving though they allow some women to participate. They keep them physically segregated, the men in a small factory, the women in the village. 


I have several more photos I'd like to stick in here though they don't fit chronologically:
I loved this little girls hairstyle. She was from a voodoo village in Togo.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry
    You seem to be having a classic Heverly adventure. But what you really need is a sleepless night wondering which 2nd string middle infielder you're going to select at the next supplemental draft.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete