Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday, July 13, Axim, Ghana

I'm nearing the Cote D'Ivoire border.  I need to be there on Wednesday since they wouldn't give me a visa unless I had a confirmed hotel reservation. Mine is at someplace called Bassam, a sector of Abidjan, the capital city. How exactly I'm going to get to the border, and thence to the hotel after the border, is a mystery to me at this point.
Akwidaa Beach, which should have been a paradise, was a disappointment for two reasons. One, everyone there was in a group and no one was very social so my time there was mostly lonely. I did go on a tour of the nearby village which allowed me to converse with my guide, but other than that I spent most of my time reading.
The other problem was the weather. It's the rainy season, which hadn't been a problem for my first two weeks, but for the past four or five days it's been rainy or overcast just about all the time. I didn't even bother to swim at Akwidaa as it was too cold and rainy. I moved on to another resort because this was the only place listed in my Lonely Planet as having wifi. With luck I'll be able to finally post some photos.
This is the fishing village attached to the city of Axim, where I am today, July 15. I have to hustle to get on the road but I'll update in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment